Spirit of Life Presbyterian Church is a member congregation of the Presbyterian Church USA. In hosting worship services in witness to the resurrection (funerals) we are called to provide a place where people can grieve and heal in times of sorrow.
A consultation with the Pastor to plan the service is required. It is preferred that this meeting take place with your funeral director at their facilities.
Music used at the funeral service should be consistent with the worship service themes of praise and thanksgiving, comfort and hope. The Music Director will assist the family in the selection of music and hymns that are most appropriate. Music used at the funeral service may include a processional hymn, a recessional hymn and one or two hymns or solos during the service. If you have arranged for a soloist, please contact the Music Director to discuss the selection and rehearsal times.
- The conference room will be available for use by the family before the service begins.
- The Nursery will be open for children before and during the service. It will not be staffed by the church so the family must arrange for childcare. CHILDREN MAY NOT BE LEFT IN THE NURSERY UNATTENDED. An adult or Red Cross trained youth age 13 or older must supervise the children in the Nursery at all times.
- All arrangements, deliveries and set-up must be made during normal church hours unless special arrangements are made.
The church does not have the appropriate kitchen facilities to host luncheons or serve hot meals. The church will be responsible for:
- Seeing that the church is clean and prepared
- Providing all paper products including tablecloths
- Providing beverages (coffee, tea, & punch)
- Providing desserts (bars & cookies)
The cost is $100.00 per service.
Member Non-Member Facility Use N/C $175 make check payable to the Church Pastor $150.00+ $200.00+ make check payable to the Pastor Music Director $125.00+ $125.00+ make check payable to the Music Director Soloist Set by Soloist Set by Soloist make check payable to the Soloist Food Service $100.00/Srvc $100.00/Srvc make check payable to the Church
Memorial gifts may be designated for the church. If you’d like suggestions of memorial projects, please contact the Pastor for the current list.
A “Member” is someone who was officially received into membership at Spirit of Life Presbyterian Church by one the following:
- Baptism at Spirit of Life
- Confirmation at Spirit of Life
- Transfer from another Presbyterian Church USA.
- Affirmation of Faith
- Is currently on the membership rolls of Spirit of Life